Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dear Michal Phelps

                                                                       Ron Garden-Gnome

3/12/2008

Dear Michael Phelps,

 

I would love it if you could come to my school, Hillcrest Jr. High in Murray, Utah.   Many of my friends are swimmers and I think it would be awesome since you have done so much for the sport.   It would be so great to even those who are not swimmer too because you never gave up and did your best.

My school may not have a swim team right now, but I think it would help the school if we had one.  Swimming is a great exercise and helps build confidence.  I think you could help to change the school by convincing the school principle and teachers.   When I first saw you in the Olympics I was awed by how many medals you received and all the records you broke.

You are an inspiration to many swimmers and all people.  You have accomplished so much in such short time.   I have many questions to ask you.  What are you going to do when you get out of Michigan State?   When did you start swimming?  What is your favorite stroke?

 

You would be great motivation to all the kids at Hillcrest Jr. High School.  Michael, please come to our school.

 

Sincerely,

Ian Richter 

3 comments:

Writer said...

I agree! This would be extremely cool! Write a letter. See what happens. By the way, your blog looks great.

Emma said...

Ian,
If you could get Michael Phelps to come to Hillcrest then I wold pay you $100.00 hands down. You do it and you've got the money!!!
- Emma

Mandy said...

cool! i would LOVE to meet michael phelps (i LOVE swimming)